Following the refurbishment of the reception and ground floor at our offices at 29 Fore Street, Kingsbridge we wish to create a display capturing the local landscape and/or every day living in Kingsbridge and its surrounding areas. We are therefore pleased to announce a photography competition which is open to all Schools, Colleges and members of the public with the winning and runner-up photographs in each category being made into a canvas print and displayed at our offices at 29 Fore Street.
The competition will be judged in 3 categories: –
Category 1 – School pupils in Primary education (so up to and including Year 6).
Category 2 – School pupils in Secondary/College education (so up to and including Year 13 or the equivalent if in College education).
Category 3 – All other members of the public aged 18 and over.
Prizes for the 3 categories are as follows: –
Category 1 – Primary Education – £100.00 to the winning entrant; £50.00 to the runner-up entrant and £200.00 to the winning entrant’s School.
Category 2 – Secondary Education £150.00 to the winning entrant; £75.00 to the runner-up entrant and £200.00 to the winning entrant’s School/College.
Category 3 – £200.00 to the winning entrant; £100.00 to the runner-up entrant.
The rules for the completion are as follows: –
1) Entries can be submitted up to the 15 SEPTEMBER 2017. All entries should be sent to Sue Symons at 29 Fore Street, Kingsbridge, Devon TQ7 1AA. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
2) Entrants can submit up to 3 photos as prints, in colour or black and white. Electronic image entries cannot be accepted.
3) All entries submitted must be the work of the individual entrant submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any photographs they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Beers LLP reserve the right to exclude any images which we believe may have been taken from some other source.
4) For entries submitted in Categories 1 and 2 each entry must be submitted by the pupil’s School or College and have the pupil’s name, age and class year as well as the responsible teacher’s name, the school address, contact email and telephone number on the back of each photograph – entries without this information will not be considered. The supervising teacher must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries, or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.
5) For entries submitted in category 3 each entry must have the name and contact email and telephone number on the back of each photograph – entries without this information will not be considered. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
6) Beers LLP cannot accept any responsibility for any problem with the postal service which may result in any entry being lost or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will not be returned, so please remember to keep a copy. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no photographs will be returned.
7) All photographs will be judged by a panel selected by Beers LLP using the following criteria:
- Interpretation of the subject – i.e. the local landscape and/or every day living in Kingsbridge and its surrounding areas.
8) The winners and runners-up will be notified within 28 days of the closing date of the competition and before any prize money is paid the winning and runner-up entrants will be required to provide an electronic image of their successful entry for the purposes of reproducing and/or enlarging of the same for display at Beers LLP’s offices.
9) Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of Beers LLP providing this competition, each winning and runner-up entrant in each category grants a perpetual licence to Beers LLP to feature and/or display their successful entry in any of Beers LLP’s offices, Beers LLP’s publications, Beers LLP’s website and/or in any Beers LLP promotional material connected to this competition.
10). The winners and runners-up may be required to take part in publicity.
11) In the event of any evidence of impropriety Beers LLP shall have the final decision.
12) By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules. Beers LLP reserves the right to alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
13) All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the Beers LLP is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14) English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.